Monday, November 8, 2010

Day 41 - Monday November 8. 2010

Today is the last day of Term 1. I will not be able to accept any work from this term after today so if you have anything to get to me please ensure that I receive it by the end of the day. Thank you.

A - Introduction to Law 9/10 - Today we'll start the class by working through our final quiz in the class. After we'll head to the library for the last class to finish work on the forensic science web page project. Your web page project is due today in class and you'll need to give me the URL of your web page so that I may view it. Please make sure that the spelling of the web page address is correct. If your page is forensicchemistry.com and you give me the address forinsicchemistry.com then I won't be able to view it and therefore will not be able to mark it. The best way to give me your address is to cut and paste the address and mail it to me (my e-mail address is on the course outline). Thanks and I look forward to seeing your work.

C - Law 12 - Today we'll take some time to get caught up on all our work. You need to make sure I have everything from you by the end of today's class so I'll post a set of marks and you can see what you're missing. Tomorrow we'll start our criminal law defense work.

D - Geography 12 - Today we're looking at glaciers and we'll make sense of how they erode the landscape and examine the landforms they create. We'll understand the differences amongst the various alpine and continental glaciers and we'll define: cirque, arete, pyramidical peak, hanging valley, truncated spur, esker, drumlin, kettle lake, and fjord; along with questions 3, 8, and 12 from page 587 in your Geosystems text.
For glacier websites check out:
Geoscape Nanaimo ice age legacy
Geoscape Fort Fraser landscapes left by continental glaciers

Northern Saskatchewan ice age explanation
Canadian Geographic Mountains of Canada: Glaciers
USGS Glaciers of Canada book
National Snow & Ice Data Center All About Glaciers
Tongass National Forest Icefields & Glacier facts

Atlas of Canada Glaciers in Canada
USGS Glacier terminology
Eastern Illinois University Department of Geography glacier notes

Encyclopedia of the Earth: Glaciers
Rocky Mountain National Park glacier basics

NOTE: Don't forget you have a test a week from today (Monday, November 15, 2010)

No comments: