Sunday, October 23, 2016

Monday, October 24. 2016

Today's schedule is A-B-C-D

A Block Geography 12 - Today is your Tectonics Unit Final Test. I hope you come prepared and if you did study (you did have all week) then I'm sure you'll do fine. You'll need the entire block for the test. Your first order of business is to relax; I'm certain you'll do fine. Dazzle me with what you know. Good Luck!

B & C Blocks Social Studies 11 - Today we'll continue with our look at Canada's involvement in World War One. Today, I'll have you watch the Canada: A People's History episode "Go Out and Meet Death Bravely" along with the "Front Lines - The Trenches" movie below. After you work on a chart that briefly explains each battle, identifies Canada's role in them, and explains the results (impact). Use the resources from today's post below for Ypres (2nd Battle), Somme, Vimy, and Passchendaele (3rd Battle of Ypres). Lastly I'll have you work on questions 1, 2, and 3 from page 39 and question 5 from page 47 of the Counterpoints textbook.



D Block Criminology 12 -Today we are off to the library for our next blog assignment and I'd like you to tell me about auto theft. I'd like you to look up information on why people steal cars, where in Canada most cars are stolen from, what types of vehicles are most commonly stolen and I'd like you to tell me how much auto theft is actually happening in Canada (rates). Then I'd like you to tell me methods of protection (how to stop your car from being stolen). The Kanetix website below lists the top vehicles stolen in Canada and check out this article on the Macleans website for the article on the top 100 cities for auto theft in Canada. CTV News Vancouver has a short video on the top 10 most wanted auto theft suspects here and the Vancouver Sun did a nice piece on Auto Theft in the Lower Mainland (including interactive maps) here.

Crime Stoppers Bait Car website
Auto Theft Canada
Kanetix.ca Auto theft in Canada

No comments: