Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Wednesday, April 17. 2013

Today's schedule is B-AG-A-D-C

B Block Social Studies 11 - Today we will spend the first part of the class discussing Communism. We'll take some notes down about Communist ideology and Marxism. We'll briefly look at the Bolshevik Revolution in 1917 and assess its impact on countries throughout Europe and here in Canada. After this we'll discuss what a union is and the perception of unions in 1919. Lastly I'd like you to look at the section on the Winnipeg General Strike in your Counterpoints textbook and work on questions 1 & 2 from page 51.


A Block Law 9/10 - Today we'll go to the library for our final block to finish our web page project. Your web page project is due Friday in class and you'll need to give me the URL of your web page so that I may view it. Please make sure that the spelling of the web page address is correct. If your page is forensicchemistry.com and you give me the address forinsicchemistry.com then I won't be able to view it and therefore will not be able to mark it. The best way to give me your address is to cut and paste the address and mail it to me (my e-mail address is on the course outline). Thanks and I look forward to seeing your work.

C Block Social Studies 10 - Today you'll have the class to finish your Confederation timelines that you began in yesterday's class. You will need to submit these by the beginning of tomorrow's class. Tomorrow we'll talk about worldview and discuss first contact between European fur traders and the Aboriginal peoples of the Canadian prairies.

No comments: