Monday, March 23, 2009

Monday, March 23, 2009

Today's schedule is D-C-Lunch-A-B

Welcome back to each family; I hope your Spring Break was relaxing and refreshing! All I can say is es muy frío!

C - Criminology 12 - Today we will have our penultimate (second to last) journal entry. Before Spring Break we looked at property crime and today I'd like you to work on two stories - one on arson and one on theft. For the arson journal, I'd like you to find a story about an arsonist and then explain why the arsonist committed the crime. You may use your notes and the text to help you with the motivations for arson for help. Next I'd like you to find a news story about theft...now I mean theft over $5000....I mean huge numbers (think white collar crime). When you find the story comment on it and answer me this "Why do we under-punish thieves?"

A - Social Studies 11 - Today we are going to go over the answers to the Treaty of Versailles work that you handed in before the break. Remember that your unit final on World War One will be this Wednesday (March 25th, 2009). Today will serve as a kind of review for the test. At the end of the day I'd like you to compare Canada at the outset of the war to Canada at the end of the war to see what changes occurred in our country.

B- Social Studies 10 - Today we'll finish up the U.S. Civil War movie Glory that we began before the break. If there is time at the end of class, we'll look at trade and the need for rail links in the Canadas (Grand Trunk Railway). This week sees us tackle Canadian confederation culminating with the birth of our country on July 1st, 1867.

No comments: